I had one of those days this week so I went home and took stock. This is what I came up with, and I must say, it was delicious!
· 300g butternut pumpkin
· ½ a large eggplant
· 1 medium zucchini (about 200g)
· 1 capsicum
· 1 cooked chorizo sausage
· ½ a leek
· 250g linguine pasta
· Olive oil
· 100g feta cheese (optional)
1. Cut pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant and capsicum into pieces about 2cm wide. Spread the pieces evenly over one or two oven trays and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Roast in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
3. Meanwhile, chop leek and fry in pan with a little olive oil until cooked.
4. Slice chorizo and add to the frying pan. Fry until browned.
5. Cook pasta, then drain.
6. Add roasted vegetables, chorizo and leek to the linguine. If having feta as well, add now.
7. Season with a little salt and pepper.
It was really nice as a vego meal, but the Chorizo really gave it some oomph.
Have you ever made up a dish and actually loved it?