Sunday, 13 May 2012

Mother's Day Recipe: Brownie


This recipe is one my mama gave to me. This is the recipe people used to beg her to make for morning tea. When I was still at school, I remember one kid saying to me, "You aren't allowed to bring anything else for our end of year party. It's the brownie or nothing."

The great thing about this recipe is that it's one of the easiest to make!





Ingredients:
  • 125g butter (softened)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder

Method:
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Put in a tray lined with baking paper
  3. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes. 
  4. Dust with icing sugar while hot
Sometimes I change the recipe around a little, using coconut oil rather than butter, or substituting lupin flour in (Lupin flour is gluten free and is a nice change from wheat flour. When baked, it is kind of like soy flour in texture.)



Hope all you mothers out there are having a great day!


3 comments:

  1. I love it! Now you will have to hand this recipe down to your daughters and grand daughters. Happy Mothers Day to all the mums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! Those look so wonderfully tasty! I think I might have to whip myself up a batch sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this recipe a while ago and they turned out fantastic, and I had never cooked these before!

    ReplyDelete