Sunday, 15 July 2012

Rings and ring display

Recently I bought some little plastic roses. I don't know what else to call them. When I first saw them, I thought they may have been buttons, but they aren't. The backs are flat and they have no holes or anything. Either way, I thought they would make a lovely ring or two.

I went on eBay and bought some ring blanks from Elsie's Jewellery Box. They were perfect. Then all I had to do was use the hot glue gun to put them together! They worked a treat. Energised, I moved on to another project.


A while ago, I spotted a cool DIY for a ring display. I often leave my rings laying around in the bathroom on the bench or shelves, so I was in need of something a little quirky for my rings.

While at the local Op Shop I found a cute little ramekin. It was just what I was after!



I followed the instructions from Tea Rose Home, and was pretty pleased with the end result. It was a little tricky because the ramekin was round, but it still works just fine. The fabric I used for my 'spring rolls' was from an old pillow case I got at the Op Shop. I love the pattern.


Not bad for a rainy afternoon. I've given two of the rings to my sweet sister and have already been flaunting mine around the place.

"Where did you get your ring? It's super cute!"

Made it myself!



2 comments:

  1. I did notice your lovely ring today. Your a clever chook aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty rings!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete