Thursday, 30 August 2012

Silver Jubilee Party Inspiration

Lately I've been wasting a fair bit of headspace brainstorming ideas for my Silver Jubilee party. Rather than keep it all to myself, I thought I would share the sources of my great inspiration.




I love the idea of making my own labels for the tea bags! I first saw it on The Pretty Blog when they were getting all excited about the Royal Wedding. I could put a silver crown/tiara on them perhaps. It would be so simple to make, too!


I'm usually not a huge fan of bunting, but I really like the way Style Me Pretty tied it into the tree. I have since changed my perspective. Using pretty ribbons to attach bunting to a tree is totally cute! This suits my vision of a picnic tea party as well.


While I have a vintage theme in mind for the party, I would dearly love to play croquet or some other old-school sport. Perhaps bocce? I don't want to go all Mad Hatter's Tea Party though, I don't think. I am pinning this for another time, though. How great are these Alice in Wonderland inspired croquet sets from KreationsParties on Etsy?


I keep joking about monogrammed plates. I wonder if I really should do it for a laugh and put my own face on one. The thought is tempting!

I am feeling really energised now! How exciting it will be!







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment