Friday, 7 September 2012

4 Simple Goals

One of my favourite blogs, A Beautiful Mess, recently posted about setting 4 Simple Goals before 2013. I have decided to play along. There are big changes ahead in our lives, and there are things I keep putting off in order to get through the day to day jobs for work. Today I want to share some goals I have set for myself, and my rewards for achieving them.



  1. Shop for the Necessary- I want to have enough money for buying a house. I will also need some dollars for all the improvements that I will inevitably want to make. My goal is to skip shopping trips that I know will end with me spending more money than I'd like. I'm going to avoid my favourite clothes and stationery stores. I will even walk right past the Op Shop (sometimes!)
    My reward will be the little extras I will put in the house, when we get it.

  2. Return to the Healthy Eating Plan- About a year ago, I realised I was getting insanely bloated from the food I was eating. It was getting embarrassing, to the point where people were congratulating my on my 'little surprise.' So when I did some reading I found out what does and doesn't work for me. I lost a bit of weight, looked a fair bit healthier. And then when winter began, I got really lazy. Now is the time to get back to eating better.
    How will I reward myself? A big blow-out day, known as Christmas. On this day, I will let myself break all the rules.

  3. Learn How to Use My Camera- Cameron bought me a DSLR camera about a month ago. It takes amazing pictures, but there are a lot of things going on with it that I have no idea about. I will use the internet and friends who know stuff, to help me learn the different functions. Perhaps I will finally understand what 'aperture' means, instead of just casually dropping the word into photography conversation. Ha ha.
    My reward will be a CD or DVD. Yes, I am a nerd and still love having a physical copy of music and film.

  4. Read a Book For Myself, Not For School- All year I have been itching to read books for fun, but my rule has been that I must do reading for school first. As an English teacher, I feel like my reading work is never done. Reading for fun only seems to happen on the holidays. Before 2013, I want to have read a book, just for me.
    Apart from the obvious joy of reading, I will have a coffee date with myself and watch some episodes of New Girl while in bed (re-runs, but still oh-so-funny)


Are you a goal setter? Maybe you'd like to play along! Have a read of the loose 'rules' on the Beautiful Mess Post.

Hope you're having a great weekend.








Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Great goals! :) I started reading this year for fun only and I have LOVED it! I feel like it has inspired me to be more creative in a different way than crafting does. It helps me to think creatively and boost my imagination. I really like adventure stories and so my favorite books have been Divergent and Insurgent and then any of the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mK! I love that books are a great way to escape the stress of everyday life. When I read books like the Chronicles of Narnia ones, I love feeling as though I'm part of the adventure (secretly, I like to think I'm a bit of a Lucy...I'm probably more of a Susan though!)

      Delete