Sunday, 2 September 2012

Hand quilting the sampler

I was not very enthusiastic about hand quilting. I could see it was going to take a long time.


Strangely enough, I think this is the most therapeutic part of the process though. It has become part of a lovely ritual; I go to our quilting group, have a natter and a cup of tea while I sew. Yes, I realise how old I sound when I say that, but it's true!









My favourite block is the Dresden Plate still...I guess because the quilting is so close together, the effect is fantastic.


My sewing wasn't very straight. I had to rely on using low tack painting tape first, but I ended up forgetting to use it anyway. I've been getting better either way; a lovely surprise!

 There's still more to go. I have to do the sashing. I also got a little ahead of myself and selected what could be the most elaborate border pattern known to man. Stay tuned for my whinging about that!







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment