Monday, 22 April 2013

Baby Sock Cupcakes


I love cute presents. I think the packaging is just as important as the present (All you have to do is take a peek at my Pinterest account...I seriously have a gift wrapping obsession!)

A couple of years ago I purchased a cute little baby present that looked like a sundae. It was made out of a baby's singlet and came with a little ice cream bowl and spoon. There was even a little fake cherry on top. I was in love with it.

I went back to the same store intending to buy a similar gift and was appalled by the high price of them. I'm not sure whether the price went up or I became more stingy...Either way, I decided to have a crack at making my own.

Off I went to K-Mart, where I bought a pack of silicone patty pans and a 3-pack of white baby socks. All up, I think it cost me $5 all up. I only used half of the patty pans too (it was a 6-pack) so I can make more for less again!

Now, I'd like to get all technical and explain how I did this, but I think it would be too hard. It involved folding the socks in and out to create the frosted look. It took some teasing, but I was happy in the end.


I was glad I used the thicker socks rather than the thinner Bonds socks I had seen, as the thinner ones wouldn't have filled the patty pan. These ones were just right.

Maybe you could try making some confectionery items using baby clothes? I might just try to tackle something else next time...perhaps a sundae of my own? Or some lollypops? A tiered cake? Who knows?!



No comments:

Post a Comment