Saturday, 13 April 2013

Funky Shoe Love


A couple of years ago I decided to buy white canvas shoes and put my own design on them. I started with black marker and went nuts making designs for myself and friends. Then I spotted some coloured permanent markers and decided to give them a go. (Prior to this, I had used a fabric marker but had found that it still wore off after wearing the shoes regularly.)

I drew on a pair of shoes for my younger sister, Mim and I did one for myself. Fast forward a few years and my older sister called me up. She wanted some pretty Converse All Stars for her daughter, but the only ones in her size were plain white. So I had a new project!

Before
After!


Doing these kids ones made me go hunting for the other two pairs. Mim still wears hers, and so do I. We get so many comments about them and it makes me beam :)
My shoes are a bit more worn and grubby!

Mim's shoes are my favourite. I did them after a bit of practice.


Each pair probably took me about three hours to do in the end. It was something enjoyable to do while the TV was on (I get super bored of TV.)

Hope you're having a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment