Monday, 13 May 2013

Organising the Bedroom

We have only made minimal changes to our bedroom so far, but I feel like it has made a world of difference already!


These shots are from when we moved in. We put our bed in and tried to make the most of the space. Unfortunately, there weren't enough shelves in the wardrobe, so I was living out of suitcases and the pile at the end of the bed for what felt like ages. Our wardrobe doors opened out, rather than being sliding doors, so that was a pain. It meant you lost so much space! My husband took the doors off in the end. Down the track we will add the sliding doors.

We also inherited these pea green curtains, complete with moth holes and funky smell. Pretty awesome, right?


These photos are more recent. I have been able to put my clothes away in the wardrobe (winning!) and have put up some new curtains. I went with a neutral brown/grey because I really wanted our paintings to stand out.


They were a gift from our darling friend Alex, who lived in the Northern Territory over the last three years. These are bush medicine paintings, done by a local Aboriginal woman where he was living. I absolutely adore them, and wanted them to be a real feature in the room.


I know people who post photos of their houses online usually have them looking squeaky clean and matching, but I don't really care that much. One example is this alarm clock belonging to my husband. He loves Star Wars, and he also loves Lego. You can move the arms and legs, and when you push down on the head, it lights up the screen blue. I quite like it, and I don't mind that it doesn't match the other decor.

We have a little Moses basket at the end of the bed ready for our little one when they arrive. It's a hand-me-down from my sister, and I love it. She crocheted the handles when she had her first child nine years ago. I am pretty impressed that it looks like it was done recently.

Soon I will show you our nursery...it's all ready to go now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment