Sunday, 19 May 2013

Organising the Nursery

Well, the baby could come any day now, so I am pleased that the nursery is ready for all the action.


I didn't take any 'before' snaps, but this room was really just a junk room from the time we moved in until now. When we first looked at the house (unaware that I was pregnant) I had planned to use it as a sewing room/study. I still have the bookcase in there, but most of the study items now live in the spare bedroom (I'll save that one for a later date because that room is not ready for the internet's viewing pleasure!)


I bought the cot on eBay, complete with bite marks. I contemplated painting it, but it meant sanding back the whole side. Apart from being lazy, I figure my child will do the exact same thing. Ah well!

The gorgeous mint crocheted blanket was made by my older sister when she had one of her children. I love the colour. As you can see, there is a bit of pink hanging out in this room. In between wiggles, the 20 week scan showed what looked like a girl. I've prepared for the possibility of a boy though. Either way, I will be a happy Mama.


My husband added the extra shelf to these drawers for me so we could use it as a change table. I bought the drawers from the recovery yard (my Dad likes to call it 'Eaglehawk K-Mart', but it's just the recovery yard before the rubbish tip.) We get a lot of bargains there. My Dad loves the place. If I was handier, I think I would spend lots of time there too, finding different items for DIY projects.


The rocking chair was from my sister as well. She has been really sweet, giving me all her old baby things. It's saved us a bunch of cash and for that I am grateful. But also, I don't think I would even know where to begin with the kinds of furniture you need for baby otherwise. I certainly wouldn't have thought about getting a rocking chair if she hadn't given it to me. I sit in the room to read often. I love this chair, except for when I push it just that little bit too far back. I know I can't fall, but I freak out either way!

 Now all we need is a little one to bring home from the hospital. I can hardly wait!



3 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time for you.
    Love how you've decorated the room.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your nursery. It will grow with your baby really well. Lots of room for all those toys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nursery looks great. There is lots of room for your baby to grow and for all those toys. :)

    ReplyDelete